Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Inside Her Closet: Alana


Older sisters are a wonderful thing. This is Alana, my older sister's best friend. She's been in my life for as long as I can remember and has always felt like part of the family. I grew up wearing Alana's hand-me-downs when she would pass clothing onto my sister and these clothes would trickle their way down the line to me a few years later. Her hand-me-downs have always been the cool hand-me-downs- the kind you're lucky to get. She works quality with diversity, a mix of bohemian and classic pieces.

Alana gravitates toward versatility in her outfits, favoring items she can wear lots of different ways to mix and match. She often pairs different feels together for something unique: industrial boots with a flirty dress or something soft and boho with something crisp and professional. She says "If it works, it works. I love lots of different looks and often dress according to my mood." Today's outfit was a reflection of the outdoors, sunlight peaking through the clouds. Alana sets an example in creativity in outfits while using quality pieces that she can restyle over and over. 

Outfit Details
Dress: Old
Cardigan: Target
Tights: Journey's (located in Peddlar's Village)
Earrings: World Market
Rings: Hand-made, Asheville
Boots: Steve Madden


1 comment:

  1. Oh wow! I love Alana's style! The warm colors are gorgeous...and how fun are those tights?! I couldn't agree more with her statement of dressing for your mood too. No need to pick a certain style and stick to it! It's great to mix it up based on mood. :) Thank you for sharing!

    ~Lindsey
    http://have-clothes-will-travel.com/

    ReplyDelete