Monday, October 10, 2016

Art: Colin Thompson

I fell in love with Colin Thompson's artwork a few years ago when I bought one of his bookshelf illustrations as a sticker to cover the back of my laptop. I like that you can get lost in the details of his pictures. It makes perfect sense that his work is published as children's books and puzzles. In his website biography, Thompson says "I have always believed in the magic of childhood and think that if you get your life right that magic should never end. I feel that if a children's book cannot be enjoyed properly by adults there is something wrong with either the book or the adult reading it." 
Working at a preschool, I get a little glimpse of the world from a young child's perspective. Watching children play pretend and get excited over the mundane helps me to approach my own life with a similar sense of playfulness and wonder. 


 To see more of Colin Tompson's work or learn more about the artist, you can visit his website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment