Friday, June 17, 2016

Lavender Blooms

Lavender is said to alleviate stress and improve sleep. I haven't actively used it for either, but I had a lovely time carrying a bushel of it with me on a walk yesterday. The soft blossoms and herbal sweet smell were calming underneath the cloudy sky when I was able to steal a moment of my life away from my desk and glowing screen to breathe the fresh air. In the garden, the lavender bushes are flourishing. They have grown enormous and continue to spread their arms reaching to soak up June sunshine. When I have a bit of free time, I strive to follow their example. To slow down and enjoy the world around me. 

This is a close up of the necklace I was wearing in these photos. It is a rose quartz crystal, representing compassion and feminine energy. Because of it's name and shade, I thought it was fitting to photograph it on top of nearby roses. Isn't it interesting the way we acquire things affects how much we like them? For example, I would never think to buy myself a crystal necklace but because it was gifted under special circumstances, it means a lot to me. 

Outfit Details
Dress: Old
Shoes: Thrifted
Necklace: Gift

2 comments:

  1. Lavender is so lovely!!! And that dress is just adorable on you. Love it!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors in this outfit. The dress is wonderful! <3

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete