Friday, August 26, 2016

Home at Last

After a few weeks of traveling around, it's nice to settle back into regular life. Life where I know the neighborhood, the language, and where everything is. The once ordinary now makes me feel absolutely whizzbang. I can ride my bike on familiar bike trails, know that there are people nearby who love me, and get back to tending the garden. In honor of my appreciative homebody-self, I did a photo shoot with the little garden gnome who sits contentedly by the potted plants on our windowsill. The gnome never seems to mind that the biggest trip he has been on was when my husband finished firing him in the ceramics lab and brought him home. I wish I could say that it was because our gnome missed the trip to the beaches of Costa Rica that I took him outside, but really it was just because I was looking for some photo shoot inspiration. However, as I took him for a little walk around the block, I couldn't help but notice that the gnome seemed...totally unchanged. His sculpted face didn't move. He remains satisfied wherever he is. I was reminded that true joy isn't awarded from visiting a physical location, it comes from within. 


Outfit Details
Dress: Secondhand (originally Urban Outfitters)
Shoes: Old
Purse: Secondhand (originally H&M)
Gnome: Handmade by Ben (you've seen it before here and here)

No comments:

Post a Comment