Friday, September 23, 2016

Outfit: Anne of Green Gables

"I don't know what lies around the bend, but I'm going to believe that the best does." 
-L.M. Montogomery
Anne of Green Gables
When I first started this blog, I didn't realize how much it would fill up my life. Who knew that sharing something as superficial as an outfit could turn into a creative pursuit? But really this fashion blog is about the story that our clothing tells. So it only makes sense to have stories inspired by stories. My outfit today is a modern interpretation of the fictional heroine Anne Shirley. The lacey bodice layered with slightly puffed sleeves give a vaguely Edwardian feel but it's still very much an outfit I can wear in daily life. 

This photo shoot was inspired by my book purse (yes, it is literally a purse made from a hardcover book) by Novel Creations. The book purse arrived in the mail wrapped in paper and sealed with wax. When I'm not using it, I can tuck the straps inside the cover and store it on my bookshelf. It is the perfect size for the essentials: phone, keys, wallet, and a chocolate chip granola bar without anything getting lost in the bottom.



Outfit Details
Dress: Thrifted
Blouse: Old
Boots: Steve Madden (secondhand)
Bonnet: Borrowed
Purse: Novel Creations

Linking with: Hello Monday, Elegantly Fashionable, Beauty By Miss L, Monday Mode, Mix-it Mondays, Let it Shine, Link Up on the Edge, Skirts Snails and Supermom Tales

3 comments:

  1. Love Anne of Green Gables! I just saw there is going to be a reboot this year!?! I don't see how it could come close to the classic old one!

    http://www.mylittlenest.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos with your new book purse !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable photos, Joy of Green Gables!

    ReplyDelete