Friday, October 14, 2016

My Preschool Teacher Uniform

I've talked a lot lately about capsule wardrobes and simplifying what you have. One easy way to do this is to create a uniform for yourself. I work as a preschool and elementary school teacher five days a week at a school where teachers aren't allowed to wear leggings, jeans, or sweats. Not being one for stiff dress slacks, I had to find something professional and easy to move in that also stayed true to my style. The solution: knee length leggings underneath a rotation of easy to throw on dresses. The leggings are necessary for picking children up, sitting crisscross applesauce, and all around movement while allowing me to wear what I want to wear and feel cute. This outfit is comfortable in the classroom, on the playground, and at home. Getting dressed takes about two minutes instead of ten because I know what I have to wear and I know that I like wearing it.
My Preschool Teacher Capsule Wardrobe
1 skirt (polka dot)
2 pairs of gray leggings
1 pair of black jeans
3 tees (striped, plain black, plain gray)
1 blouse 
3 cardigans (navy, bright blue, gray)

I'm still in the process of refining it but this is roughly what my capsule looks like. My clothing color palette consists of blues and grays with pops of primary colors. I wanted something versatile that can include my favorite quirky pieces and make room for occasional brightly colored tights or shoes.

Outfit Details
Dress: Modcloth (gifted)
Cardigan: I made it out of two cardigans
Belt: Thrifted
Leggings: Thrifted

Linking with: Color My World

1 comment:

  1. great idea and fabulous look. thanks for sharing and adding your post to my Fine-Whatever link up.

    Rena
    www.finewhateverblog.com

    ReplyDelete