Sunday, December 13, 2015

Outfit: Cosmic Socks and Roller Skates


 It has been a weirdly warm December weekend here in Pennsylvania. 71° ten days from Christmas. It is surreal having such balmy weather when the sun sets at 4:00 in the afternoon. While some people are headed to the beach for some pre-Christmas sun bathing, I hit the park with my roller skates to enjoy playing outside before it gets cold again. I bought this retro pair of skates at a local thrift store for two dollars when I was in college. I practiced but never quite got the hang navigating bumpy sidewalks. Where I live now has an outdoor skating rink a few blocks away so I can cruise to my heart's content without the pressure of getting to class on time. Skating is such a fun form of exercise-it brings me back to times when I was a kid going to birthday parties at the roller rink. I could make more time for skating as an adult but often I opt for runs to stay active. It is nice to remember that fitness is fun when you try new things. Today I felt especially fly in my solar system knee socks.

Outfit Details:
Hat: Whole Foods Market
Baseball tee: Thrifted (Boy's section)
Shorts: Thrifted
Socks: Modcloth
Skates: Thrifted 

No comments:

Post a Comment