Sunday, January 31, 2016

Outfit: WinterSpring




 The weather was fifty degrees today. The snow started melting and I felt comfortable in a teeshirt. This must be the warmest winter of my life and I am loving it. Getting dressed is so much easier when you don't need to bundle up to go outside. There are things I love about winter like making hot soups, playing boardgames, reading by the fireplace, and other activities that include staying warm and cozy inside. Long walks through the woods are also something I love no matter what time of year it is. Seeing the earth's ever-changing variety throughout the seasons is a gift. Even in the winter, the outside world is beautiful when it is stark and gray. With our warm weather today, I felt especially thankful for nature's endless virtues.

Side note: You may notice my hair has been changing colors a lot recently. It's gone from pink to purple to red. I started working at an elementary school so I had to dye my hair back to a natural color (no more pink). I bought a box of brown dye trying to get back to my roots, but the dye turned my hair this orangish color. I guess that's what I get for buying cheap hair dye. But I am actually loving the new surprise color and it is natural looking enough for work! The winter has proved to be a good time for playing with hair color. Bright colors cheer up the gray months.

Outfit Details
Shirt: Thrifted
Scarf: Made by Holly
Skirt: Aeropostal (Purchased secondhand)
Tights: Apt. 9 found at Closet Exchange
Shoes: Sole Mates

No comments:

Post a Comment