Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Outfit: Direction.



Writing for this blog is sometimes a challenge. Taking photos is easy, all I have to do is document what happened but when writing I have a hard time pulling words from the blank page. As a college history major I learned how to write very formal, precise, academic papers. It has since been a challenge to break out of the habit of thinking through every sentence carefully before typing it out and instead just relax and let the words flow. I don't want this blog to be formal, I want it to be relatable. I have to remind myself that it is my own personal style blog and I can make it whatever I want. So the questions arise: What to I want this blog to be? What do I want it to stand for? My eventual goal is to come up with a concise elevator phrase for my blog but I don't think I'm quite there yet. As far as blogs go, this one is pretty new and I am still figuring it out. That being said, here are a few things I try to endorse through my photos and musings:
  • Embracing personal style.
  • Ethical shopping
  • Spending time in nature.
  • Fixing things, making things, and getting creative.
  • Supporting other people's creativity and personal style. 
It is a work in progress and one that I hope I will be working on for a long time. Getting behind the lens gives me a sense of freedom that I can carry with me even if I'm having a bad day. Photographing outfits has turned into my primary hobby and it is incredibly uplifting to hear when other people like what I've been doing. When I first started blogging, I felt self-conscious about photographing myself but I am slowly inching out of that shell and gaining more confidence. 

Outfit Details
Blouse: Found
Cardigan: Thrifted
Skirt: Thrifted
Hat: H&M
Tights: Hue
Boots: Steve Madden 
Bow Pin: I made it

No comments:

Post a Comment