Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Outfit: Grits and Grouper Soup


 Grits and Grouper Soup remains one of my favorite bands even though they disbanded several months ago when a few of the members moved out of state. I didn't get a good up-close picture of it, but I am wearing the band's t-shirt in these photos. For those of you who don't know them: Grits and Grouper Soup is an alternative folk group from the Philadelphia area well worth a listen. Their music features violin, accordion, banjo, and guitar topped with tight harmonies. When the band was together I saw them live as often as I could and left their shows feeling completely satisfied-like I'd eaten a delicious meal. Live music unites people, enriches the imagination, and energizes the spirit. Supporting the arts is one thing I want this blog to emphasize and if that means buying your favorite band's t-shirt then I'm all for it. Musicians make most their money doing shows so if a band you like is on tour, treat yourself to a night out and go see them. It's better to spend money on experiences than on things and enjoying live music is always a worthwhile experience. For more on Grits and Grouper Soup, you can listen to them on Spotify, Itunes, or check out there website here.

Outfit Details
Shirt: Band Tee designed by Renee Barry
Cardigan: Hand-me-down
Skirt: H&M 
Tights: Hue
Boots: Steve Madden

1 comment:

  1. I love G&G as well! I still hope they get back together down the line!:-)

    ReplyDelete