Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Style-spiration: Teacher Clothes




Life changes are ahead as I am picking up another long-term substitute teacher job at the local elementary school. I will be teaching math to several different grades and I am terrified. Math was never my forte in school so I have been frantically trying to brush up on math facts and relearn what I have buried in my brain from grade school. With my new job, I might not have as much time for blog updates but I am excited for the new work challenge in addition to the fun of assembling teacher outfits. I want to go for a bright but businesslike look and am finding myself attracted to cheery colors, stripes, and polka dots. To keep it professional I'm thinking that cardigans and button-ups will be a necessity. Employment sometimes requires major changes in wardrobe. At my old job working as a barista, I couldn't dress up for work unless I wanted my clothing stained with coffee at the end of the day. Our uniform consisted of jeans and the company tee. My summer job working on a gardening crew was all about comfort and practicality over anything else: work boots and athletic wear. I try to keep my own true style wherever I end up in life but sometimes that means dirty boots and other times ballet flats. 

2 comments:

  1. these are the definition of cute!
    My work is black, which could be worse but I'm definitely a colour person.

    Are you on Bloglovin? Tried searching for you on there so I could follow you but couldn't find the page.
    Good luck on the new job!


    Hannah
    www.thewerefox.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hannah, thanks for wishing me luck on my new job and for telling me about Bloglovin-I'd heard of the website before but never bothered to go on it. Haha, some blogger I am. Anyway, my blog is now listed so you'll probably be the first to follow it.

      Delete