Thursday, February 25, 2016

Outfit: Snowdrops




Growing up I remember waiting for the school bus in frigid morning air and checking everyday to see if the green shoots of snow drops were poking up beneath the earth's brown leaves. There is so much anticipation for spring and snowdrops are the first sign. Along with snow drops come the promise of longer days, milder weather, and freedom to run outside without a coat. Today still felt a little chilly for going coatless, but I was comfortable enough in my cardigan to take these photos. I really just wanted  to show off my Blutsgeschwister dress. Blutgeschwister is a German clothing designer that specializes in cute cuts, funky prints, and well made designs. Going into their store was a little overwhelming because I liked so much of what I saw. This dress was purchased at Blutgeschwister's in-store location at the Bikini Mall Berlin; a mall that features hand-made creations and independent businesses. The mall is located next to the Berlin zoo so visitors can gaze through large glass windows at monkeys playing outside. It is quite a unique experience. Anyhow, back to my dress. I love this dress. It was from Blutgeschwister's 2015 spring/summer collection but I bought it for a discounted price in the fall. Buying items out of season like this is a great way to save on looks your future self will want to rock. So today, with snow drops blooming, I can happily don my bright green and eagerly wait for spring. 

Outfit Details
Cardigan: Thrifted
Dress: Blutgeschwister (sold out, but I also love this one)
Tights: Ballet Supply Co.
Boots: Steve Madden (similar here)

2 comments:

  1. That dress is super cute. I love the color and print! <3 Great boots!

    - Anna

    www.melodicthriftychic.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty outfit and beautiful macro pictures!

    http://lipstickcafe.wix.com/fashionandbeauty

    ReplyDelete