Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Brandon Style


Brandon is a person who is unabashedly himself: he's brave, he's fun, he isn't afraid of breaking the rules and making statements. One of my favorite things about Brandon is how he brings people together and creates friend groups from the oddest assortments of people. His porch is a gathering place young people in the community and he fills it with music, pillows, board games, and art projects. It's the kind of place you can just show up at and there is something interesting happening. 

This was by far the most interesting portrait session I've ever done for several reasons. For one, I was photographing a man when I usually only shoot women. Two, I discovered my usual light and airy feminine photography style just doesn't work as well for men. Half way through my shoot with Brandon, I switched to shooting in black and white to experiment with edgier feel. Of course, Brandon was a doll through the whole thing and very patient with my learning process.
Above are some photos taken with my regular lighting and settings (I took a lot more but they just didn't feel quite right).
Here is where we started experimenting:
This type of photography is definitely a new field for me but I'm excited to see where it leads. I think that my blog will probably stay primarily focused on women's fashion but it's fun to try out new things. Thanks so much to Brandon for being the first-ever guy post on Outfit Zest!

Outfit Details
Jeans: American Eagle
Shirt: Express
Vest: H&M
Hat: H&M
Bracelet: American Eagle

No comments:

Post a Comment