Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Outfit: Springing


Today must have been the prettiest day of the year. The temperature was warm, the humidity was low, and a light breeze rustled through the newly growing leaves. In short, it was the perfect day to go for a bike ride. I bought this bike my freshman year of college and it has served me steadily over the past eight years. The bike was perfect for tootling around campus and getting me to class on time but recently I've been taking it on greater adventures up hills, on roads, and farther afield. 

Sometimes I think it would be worthwhile to invest in a proper bike with gears, but I just love my old pink bike too much. I can hardly stand the thought of replacing it for something new and flashy. I like to remind myself that when bicycles were first invented they did not have gears and the people who rode them got along fine. Last year I rode this bike a total of 200 miles, doing a couple day trips on it. Some people think my bike is completely impractical but it definitely builds leg strength, even if I have to walk it up hills sometimes. 

Outfit Details
Dress: Modcloth (Gifted)
Boots: Steve Madden (secondhand)

No comments:

Post a Comment