Thursday, May 19, 2016

Oufit: Sewing a Librarian Blouse

With guidance from the moms in my life, I sewed this blouse from a 1960s pattern. The blouse is actually part of a two piece dress. I made the skirt to go along with it, but want to resize it and add pockets before I show them off together. From knowing almost nothing about sewing aside from how to take care of simple fixes, I was educated on top stitching, seam allowances, darts, bobbin threading, and all the little details that go into making a garment. The practice has made me appreciate clothing more and realize how human the entire process of making clothes is. Oftentimes we throw clothes on without considering where they came from or the person who made them. Today I feel proud knowing that I made my clothes and I love the way this piece fits me perfectly because I used my own measurements to make it. My hope is to hold onto this appreciation and be more conscious about what I buy in the future. 


Outfit Details
Skirt: Thrifted
Blouse: I made it myself
Cardigan: Thrifted
Book Pin: Gift
Shoes: Old

No comments:

Post a Comment