Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Catrinka Accessories Making a Difference

Made in USA $20

I wanted to take a moment and highlight Catrinka, a company that empowers and educates women by selling handmade purses and accessories. Catrinka is based around these three principles: Making and selling fabulous bags, empowering women, and educating girls. Over the past three years, the company has aided women and girls all over the world by bringing fare wages to artisans and sending girls to school who otherwise could not afford education. In a world where fashion is faceless, Catrinka brings us high quality products made by individuals whose stories we can relate to. The impact of Catrinka continues to grow as shoppers purchase their ethically sourced products that help make the world a better place. To learn more about the cause or to see more adorable products, take a look at the Catrinka website.



Personal Note: As I'm sure most of your know, I took a no shopping pledge earlier this year. Slowing down my spending habits opened my eyes to the kind of consumer I want to be and the power that purchasing has. I have since started buying clothes again, but have made a vow to myself to only buy secondhand or if I am buying new, to purchase from ethical companies like Catrinka who are actively working for greater causes, paying workers fair wages, using sustainable materials, and working to make the world a better place. I have learned that what you buy sends a vote for the kind of world you want to live in. Being a conscious consumer is vital to making changes towards a happier, healthier humankind. And if you are going to spend the same amount on a bag anyway, why not get something that keeps giving? 

1 comment: