Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Outfit: Wildwood Chronicles



Inspiration comes from all sorts of places. I recently started reading the Wildwood Chronicles by Colin Meloy (lead singer of the Decemberists) and have found the first book quite captivating. I started reading it seated in the dentist's waiting room and was transported to a magical forest full of talking animals and bandits far away from the hygienist's sterile walls and ticking clock. The book inspired me to do this photo shoot using a few old costume pieces I have. The location I used is said to be the old hideout of real-life bandits during the American Revolution which, in my younger years, I searched for hidden treasure. But the real treasure in these trees isn't in gold or silver, it's the way the sunlight catches through the leaves, the way the stream bends around large boulders, and the dramatic hillsides that rise up from the creek bed. It feels just as magical as the impassible wilderness of Wildwood, even if you can hear the occasional motorcycle passing by on the nearby roads. 

Outfit Details
Everything I'm wearing is old or thrifted.

3 comments:

  1. I love thrifting! Nice outfit and your photos are lovely. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these photos! So much wilderness!

    xo Lauren
    http://www.earthtostyle.com/

    ReplyDelete