Monday, June 13, 2016

Music Picnic


 Hello everyone! I hope you had a good weekend.
The weather is warm and it is time to relax outside. Throughout the winter, I made a point of forcing myself to go on walks to spend time in nature but with June's warm days and the promise of summer stretching ahead, I don't have to force myself to go outside because it is where I already want to be. Give me a blanket and some dappled sunlight and I am happy for the afternoon. With the warmer days comes summer playlists, driving with the windows down, and packing up gear for the next festival. The school year is over so I have set aside my teacher cardigans and am finding myself sliding back into tomboy mode: old tees and sneakers. Perfect for playing in the sun and staying carefree. There are no layers or belts or ill fitting items, just relaxed old clothes.
I think it is important to make time to hang out with yourself. Plan it out as if you were going to hang out with someone else: you think of what that person likes to do and you plan an activity around it. When you hang out with yourself, think about what you like to do and make some time for it. I like picnicking on music and dancing so that's what I did. Now, go ahead and plan a date for yourself. What feeds your person? 

Outfit Details
Constellation Tee: Thrifted
Shorts: Thrifted
Shoes: Old Chucks
Hat: Old
Blanket: Trading post in New Mexico

Records: FM Belfast, The Shins, Fanfarlo

No comments:

Post a Comment