Thursday, June 9, 2016

Love What You Have

Hello everyone, I would like to introduce you to my favorite head scarf. I bought this scarf from Vintage, Doylestown when I was in high school (probably about 10 years ago now) and it has purposed and re-purposed itself as a belt, a waistband, and an overall instant outfit cheer-upper. The bright green color and polka dots are fun and whimsical. I can't help but feel cute when I wear it so I wear it a lot. Headscarves are especially nice during hotter months to keep your hair pulled back and let the back of your neck breathe. Another trick to stay cool using a headscarf  is to store your scarf in the freezer or dampen it with cold water before wearing it to keep you extra refreshed in the heat of the day. 

 Instead of surfing online clothing stores and coveting what I don't have, I want to show some love to the things I already own and foster gratitude for my current wardrobe. This scarf has seen me through adolescence, it went to college with me, and it continues to compliment and complete my outfits. As a fashion blogger, it can be easy to get sucked into the cycle of staying on top of trends, wanting more clothing for more photoshoots, and forgetting about charming pieces I already have that get buried at the bottom of dresser drawers. Do you have an items that you just love but haven't paid attention to recently? If you get the gimme gimmes for this season's latest, take some time to love and appreciate the clothing that's already in your wardrobe. I will support you. 

Outfit Details
Dress: Thrifted
Cardigan: Hand-me-down
Scarf: Vintage Doylestown


5 comments:

  1. Head scarves are one of my favorite ways to spruce up outfits! Especially when I had short hair... the length was really similar to yours!

    Great post:)
    caseygcapra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! And that scarf is fabulous! I can see why you have kept it all these years. I love the color and of course the polka dots. And your plaid dress is super cute, too. And paired with the polka dots...Perfect!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute outfit! I love the mixed prints! Thank for linking up!
    ~Jessica
    Jeans and a Teacup

    ReplyDelete