Thursday, June 23, 2016

Style Portraits: Marie and Rosie

This week I had the fun of photographing two cute college friends, Marie and Rosie. As you will see, each girl carries her own unique sense of style. Rosie brings us a nice layered look with adorable necklaces and Marie carries an edgier vibe with her graphic shirt and bright colored shorts. Both girls mentioned shopping at thrift shops to find clothes (the best place to shop if you're looking for affordable sustainability) and the outfits they combined today exuded summery confidence. You can get a glimpse of that end of the school year bliss shining out of the pictures, but I'll let you see for yourself. Here they are, Marie and Rosie being absolutely adorable:

Marie

Rosie
I met these girls when I took a college dance class for fun this past spring and they both stood out to me as lovely people who I knew I wanted to photograph. Originally I was planning two separate portrait sessions, but because they are friends, we did a joint session (similar to the Maya and Misha post this past January). These girls are delightful to be around and very comfortable in front of a camera. In many ways, I have found that photographing two people is easier than photographing one because two people can make each other laugh without any help from the photographer and candid shots come much more naturally.



No comments:

Post a Comment