Friday, October 28, 2016

Exploring Laurel Hill Cemetery

With Halloween around the bend and autumn colors in full bloom, I spent my Wednesday afternoon exploring Laurel Hill Cemetery with my friend Rachel. While we weren't hunting for ghosts or ghouls, visiting the cemetery still felt like a very appropriate October activity. Laurel Hill is located between center city and Manayunk. The cemetery is large and sprawling. Its winding paths are lined with old trees that lead through an eclectic collection of tombs, headstones, and obelisks. Laurel Hill offers a peaceful respite from the hustle and bustle of Philadelphia. It is quiet and picturesque. And from the the top of the hill, there are several impressive views overlooking the Schuylkill River. As we wended through the cemetery's paths we were caught up in admiring the tranquility of the place, the sculpture, and the names and dates of people who lived before us.

I've featured Rachel on my blog a few times because I like both her and her sense of style. You may recognize her from this post last autumn. Rachel is one of those people who is just really good at life. She is unique, graceful, artistic, and down to earth. If I wasn't friends with her I would wish that I was friends with her.

Outfit Details
Scarf: Homemade 
Earrings: Open House, Philadelphia
Shirt: Free People
Jacket: Athleta
Skirt: Plato's Closet
Shoes: Plato's Closet
Purse: J.Crew


No comments:

Post a Comment