Friday, October 21, 2016

Tiny Treasures

One of my favorite things about going outside is that you never know what you will find. Today I went for a short walk behind my school and was enchanted by the gallery of golden leaves, flowers, and porcelain berries hiding in the underbrush. I know that I'm not supposed to like porcelain berries because they are invasive and choke out native plants but I still can't help but admire their delicate array of turquoise and periwinkle. 
Working at a preschool, students are continually picking up 'treasures'. Often it's really just a handful of wood chips or gravel but to the three year old, it really is treasure. I like to think of spending time in nature as a similar kind of treasure hunt. A square foot of ground can hold so many mysteries and so much beauty that I usually don't stop to consider. 
This post is dedicated to the tiny treasures.



Outfit Details
Dress: Modcloth (you might be seeing it a lot becaise it's part of my self-enforced teacher uniform)
Orange shirt: Old
Belt: Thrifted
Boots: Old
Camera Bag: Vintage

1 comment:

  1. Fun look and fab close up photos! Thanks so much for linking up with Fun Fashion Friday!

    OXOX
    Dawn Lucy
    http://fashionshouldbefun.com

    ReplyDelete