Monday, March 13, 2017

Winter Thaw



After several days of tantalizingly warm weather, winter swept back through, dosing us with snow and ice. The poor spring flowers don't know what to make of it and my dreams for feeling comfortable outside have frozen over. But the cold weather does keep me practical. I have a uniform in the cold: Boots, pants, ski jacket, scarf. Clothing is armor. Minimalism rules the wardrobe. I don't want to experiment with skirts and cardigans, I want warmth and wind protection. The cold simplifies my options and I hardly care what I look like as long as I'm guarded against winter's chill. 
But spring is on the way. Our days are longer, blossoms are sprouting through the hard earth, and sweet branches are beginning to bud. Just bit longer I should be back to photographing regular outfit posts (you may have noticed I've been in a lull). For now let's raise our hot drinks to daylight savings and the changing of seasons. 


1 comment: