Friday, January 8, 2016

Outfit: Galaxy-Style



I dyed these tights myself to try and recreate this pair of tights from BZRshop on Etsy. As you can see, mine turned out a little splotchy in comparison but I like the tie-dye galaxy effect I ended up with. What I am most pleased with from my fabric dying experiment is actually the skirt I'm wearing. It was originally a bright salmon pink with a white lace overlay that I got as a hand-me-down from one of my roommates. The skirt fit but the color never seemed quite right for me. I dumped it in the dye bath along with these tights and now I love it. 

Galaxy picture from newevolutiondesigns.com

Outfit Details
Hat: H&M
Owl Ring: Tari Zarka of Aspiring Artists of the Earth
Cardigan: Thrifted
Skirt: Hand-me-down dyed with RIT dye
Tights: Standard white tights dyed with RIT dye
Shoes: Thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment