Thursday, January 7, 2016

Outfit: Ice Cream Dream Field


 I got dressed this morning feeling like an ice cream soda jerk from the 1950s. The first job I ever had was at an ice cream parlor. I was 14 years old and much more apt to wearing jeans and grungy t-shirts than tidy button-ups and bow ties. Occasionally I wore an apron to work, but most of the time I took pride in leaving covered in chocolate stains at the end of the day. It is fascinating the way personal style changes over time. As a teenager I hated dressing up, wearing skirts, and doing pretty much anything remotely girly. Ten years later, I am much more comfortable in skirts and love dressing up. The skirt I am wearing in these photos was thrifted but I sewed the lace onto the bottom hem myself because let's face it, its fun to add personal touches to clothing. 

Outfit Details
Bow tie: Borrowed from my husband, Ben
Blouse: Found at my parent's house
Skirt: Thrifted
Tights: Hue
Boots: Steve Madden

2 comments:

  1. This outfit is super cute! I also like the setting, and I think it's really congruent with the colors in your outfit!

    I also have gotten more comfortable wearing skirts (and other more "girly" articles of clothing) recently! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you've been adding your own style to purchased items. The idea of completely making something of my own is a little intimidating, but adding a little something here and there seems fun.

    ReplyDelete